Friday 20 December 2013

Three Year Old Baby Disappears in Calabar Church

A Three year old boy, Victor Offiong Edem was
snatched away by an unknown person at the Assemblies
of God’s Church 14, Nnmandi Azikiwe Street Calabar
South during Sunday service on 15th December, 2013.
The father of the boy, Mr Offiong Edem, a staff of
College of Health Technology, Calabar said he took his
family to his place of worship to thank God for his
goodness to him in 2013 and after the service which
was also the church’s Thanks Giving Day, he went to
work and left Victor in the company of his wife,
Angelica and his other son, Samuel but was later
informed that Victor had gone missing.
“I do work on Sundays too so soon after giving my
Thanksgiving offering, I went to work leaving behind my
wife, Angelica, Samuel my first son and Victor in the
church only to be called later that Victor had gone
missing ”.
Mrs Angelica Offiong, mother of the missing boy said
after the close of service, she had a short discussion
with some church members and after that “I went to
pick my bag where I kept it not far away from where I
stood and when I turned back, I asked Samuel where
was Victor and he said he could not find him again”.
The distraught woman said with tears rolling down her
cheeks.
She said obviously, the person was monitoring her and
the children and as soon as her eyes were turned away
from the child, the person took away the boy. “My son
is a healthy and happy boy and I know God will bring
him back to me no matter where the person may have
taken him to”.
Pastor Chukwu Ekeke, the head pastor of the Assemblies
of God Church, Nnamdi Azikiwe Street said this was the
“First time an unfortunate incident like this has taken
place in this church and prayers have been said and I
know God will certainly bring back that boy”.
A police source at the Mbukpa Police Station where the
matter was reported said investigations are going on to
track the ‘baby-thief’.

No comments:

Post a Comment