Tuesday 23 July 2013

UP, CLOSE & PERSONAL: is SPYDAMAN still Praying?

                                   
You don't just need to ‘spy the man’, to know if he is still praying or not, join me and take a closer look at one of Nigeria’s most respected dance hall act.

SpydaMan
His name is Spydaman (S.ystematically P.assing Y.outh D.esires A.cross M.usically A.ddicting N.ations), his music and name is always known to have a message, except for a few for the dance floor, his name also meaning another word for consistency in the dance-hall scene of the Nigerian music industry. He is a proud son of Cross River State, who owns a jersey at the annual Calabar Festival. After churning hits after hits, having collaborations with Ice Prince, Sound Sultan, Timaya, YQ, Terry G and Cmion top Nigerians stars over the years, he tried to set up a movement, South Side Representa, but that seemed a great task for the family man, who lives in the South Western Nigerian city of Lagos.

He spared out time to answer 7 questions from www.MADEINCALABAR.com

Indulge;
What have you been doing lately?
After my birthday and the release of Prayer with Terry G, I shot some part of the video for the song; I have also been working on some other tunes, tryna wrap up my album ‘DanceHall Spartan’.

How do you cope with music and Family?
Very demanding, my daughter needs her father, and my wife needs her husband
                                                                         
Compare Music Industry in Calabar & Lagos
Not comparable, the industry is slow in Calabar and easy to penetrate though, but I am glad it’s picking up. I like the energy in Lagos, the competition is stiff and this has increased the quality of production and delivery

Do you support talents from Calabar?
I think I have tried in my own little way to support artistes from Calabar and Akwa-Cross as a whole, I give a lot of professional advice to them too, the likes ot L J, T. Shawn, and Zillions. Recently I did a track with Iceboxx from Calabar, due for release on July 31st.
                                                                                       
SpydaMan & Terry G
What’s in the kitty?
I am shooting the video of my song with Terry G, I am also working on a musical project which I will make public soon.
I am planning to feature Mista Xto and Fadakane on some tracks. I am putting finishing touches to my album which will be launched in Calabar, and I hope to go on tour before the end of the year.

Word to the younger generation
Nurture your talent, be consistent and put God first.

How do you feel about www.madeincalabar.com?
MadeInCalabar.com is fresh, something for our people! I think it is Creative & Welcoming!

                                                  Download Prayer by SpyDaman ft Terry G




No comments:

Post a Comment